Victorian Love Token Coins gained popularity in England during the celebrated monarch of Queen Victoria from 1837 to 1901. Crowned at the tender age of 18, the beloved royal captured the country’s heart with her affectionate and enchanting courtship and marriage to Prince Albert.
Traditionally gifted by a gentleman to his lady love when going off to war, the hand-engraved coins often bore the suitor’s initials. Late 1800s women across Europe and America adorned the sentimental keepsakes in abundance, wearing them as pins, pendants and bracelet. They remained very fashionable throughout Queen Victoria’s six decade reign, known as the Victorian Era.
Each as unique as the love they honor, the centuries-old objects of affection are revered by antique collectors as much for their scarcity as for their symbolism. The cherished keepsakes are celebrated reminders of romance, eternal love and the awe-inspiring ‘spark’ that has intrinsically connected sweethearts since the dawn of time. Private Commissions Available!
– Antique Victorian Era Love Token Coin
– 19 Inch, 14K Gold Filled Fancy Link Chain
– Circa 1883 Seated Liberty Dime
– 125+ Year Old Hand Engraving – Initials J, S + E
– Monograms Include: JSE, SEJ, EJS, JES, ESJ
– Sparkling .60 Carat Genuine Floating Blue Diamond
– Eternal Symbol Of Love; Diamond Is April’s Birthstone
– 14K GF Wire Wrapping And Lobster Claw Clasp
– Finished With VDMJ Signature Sterling Silver Heart Charm
– Romantic Birthday, Anniversary, Holiday Gift
– Arrives In Signature Gift Packaging + Love Token Story